Aviation Account & Business Development Manager – China
The Aviation Account & Business Development Manager – China (AAM) will work directly with the Global Sales Director and Asia-Pacific Regional Manager and be responsible for developing and growing WSI's Aviation & Government Solutions business within China. The AAM's primary objectives will include: (a) successfully identifying and wining new sales opportunities, (b) effectively promoting the WSI value proposition to key airlines, airports, government and other aviation authorities, and (c) relentlessly pursuing new avenues for market penetration and business expansion. The AAM is a seasoned sales & business development manager, strong communicator, results-oriented and self-driven professional with a proven track record of selling technical solutions and structuring and closing complex business deals.
- Successfully introduce the WSI Aviation Decision Support solutions & capabilities to the China aviation market
- Working closely with the Boston-based management team, analyze market opportunities, develop/refine sensible business development strategies, and implement the resulting action plans to drive market penetration and sales expansion across China
- Travel frequently (approx. 50%) across China to build relationships with key customers/prospects and cultivate new market opportunities
- Sell consultatively by employing Solutions Selling or similar techniques
- Work closely with the General Manager to identify and secure strategic alliances & partnerships designed to strengthen market position and accelerate revenue growth
- Conduct quarterly reviews of the China sales & business development activities and results
- Meet or exceed quarterly & annual business development goals, as measured by new customer acquisition and revenue attainment
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, engineering, related technical field or a related aeronautical program
- 5 years of progressive sales & business development experience, preferably in Aerospace/Aviation/Meteorology
- Independent consultant/agent an option
- Proven track record of achieving sales and business development goals in highly technical, complex and relationship-driven sales environments
- Technical aviation/aerospace background with strong network and contacts in China
- Proven experience pursuing, negotiating and capturing complex and high-value contracts with major China aviation accounts or strategic partners
- Ability to multi-task, with a track record of successfully managing 15-20 sales opportunities simultaneously
- Highly motivated and self directed with a strong business work ethic
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin a must
- Willingness to travel and work with global team, customers, and partners
- Broad knowledge and experience in operational aviation and weather decision support solutions a plus
WSI is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.
Please, email your resume, cover letter, salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, put code: AVMC - 25 in the subject line.