Aviation Software Engineer– Andover, MA
The Software Engineer will develop cross-platform (web, mobile, tablet) Aviation products for WSI customers. You will work side by side with the product owner, product design, and customers to understand requirements and build great solutions. You will have an instinctive feel for design and take tremendous pride in the products the team produces. You will understand object-oriented design and leverage design patterns to expedite time to market. You will be part of a fun, fast-paced and highly collaborative product development team leveraging Agile methodologies to deliver new functionality in incremental iterations.
- Build platform native mobile and tablet apps
- Potentially write RESTful web services for cross platform applications hosted on IIS for consumption by web and mobile clients
- Prepare, collaborate on, and review Software Engineering designs and implementations
- Contribute to and review Product Marketing and Product Design application requirements
- Contribute to and review QA test strategy and plans
- Evaluate industry standards, best practices, and other techniques for application in WSI products.
- Apply communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills to drive team results.
- 3-5 years’ experience commercial software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical degree.
- MVC a plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Strong CSS or mobile developer skills
- Native app development on at least one major platform (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Experience with one or more: Objective C / iOS, Java / Android, WP7
- Experience developing data-driven web applications (AJAX)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, wiki, and white-boarding)
- Problem Solver: Solves problems quickly and thoroughly; effectively looks for support when necessary; volunteers to tackle the appropriate hard problems; is tenacious and innovative
- Takes complete ownership of assigned tasks, judges themselves by the success of the effort; extends ownership beyond their assigned tasks and goes the extra mile to assure project success
- Is a team player; is quick to resolve issues that impact clients whatever their source
WSI is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.
Please, email your resume, cover letter, salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, put code: AVMA - 32 in the subject line.